DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker
Weather

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Takacs Quartet

Tonight the Town Hall presented the Takacs Quartet which was brilliant. I didn't get to listen to all of the concert but what I heard was amazing - Janacek's Intimate Letters.

However, the world-class concert hall managed to mess up their world-class lighting system. Read about it in Proko's blog.

****

After a night of arranging Faye Wong's Eyes on Me for a string quartet gig, I think its time to go to bed. As I stated in my Facebook status:


Ruth Rodrigues is
not wanting to arrange strange pieces for string quartet gigs
anymore in her life... unless she's paid £100,000 to do it.

And the guy who's hiring the quartet thought he could get me to arrange a piece by U2 and another by the pussycat dolls for my quartet to entertain him and his partner on Saturday... Honestly, I can't be asked. Classical musicians have better things to do with their lives.

No comments: