DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker
Weather

Monday, September 08, 2008

Cynical

about....

1. Emirates as a 'world-class' airline. Gerald's right in saying that they've degraded themselves to likening themselves to a budget airline.

2. Friends who aren't really friends. They seek you out for relationship & life advice, yet it seems almost impossible for them to give that little bit in return when you need it.

3. How credible some Associate Professor's books can be. I've been reading a book by an associate professor in a well-established US university, and couldn't help laughing out loud at some of his theories. Fair enough if his research has led him to believe those theories, but is there a need to constantly use the 'I' & 'My' words? 'I suggest', 'I believe', 'I disagree with', 'My theories are', 'My beliefs are', 'My argument is'... In any case, I've managed to refute his theory in 2 sentences. Silly silly person.



But despite all this, i'm hopeful too that i'll get to fly back to Birmingham on the weekend as opposed to 911. Also, through this trip home i've distinguished the real friends from the acquaintances, and that there's always a rainbow after the rain.

No comments: