
Ah Meng, Singapore's very own iconic Orang Utan passed away on 8th February 2008. I got to see her a few times when I was very young, but I've always longed to visit her in the zoo again. I was even telling R that we can go and see her when we go to Singapore in March. In fact, just a few weeks ago I was telling Proko about this storybook I used to read about how Ah Meng was naughty and escaped from the zoo, only to be found on a tree and refused to descend from the tree. Sadly, she's gone now. She did lead a very long life and even became a very proud grandmother. I hope she rests in peace wherever she's buried. Singapore will miss you Ah Meng.
Saturday, February 09, 2008
RIP Ah Meng (18 June 1960 - 8 February 2008)
Scrawled by
Ruth
at
12:08:00 AM


No comments:
Post a Comment