DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker
Weather

Monday, January 14, 2008

Theme Song

Perhaps the little Ally McBeal marathons R and I have been running seem to be rubbing off on me. (its amazing how much can be learnt about life from these sitcoms) I've been a little down this morning which I think its partly due to Monday blues, and partly because I see the amount of work on my table as I wake up each morning, and just feel a little 'urgh'. That's the bad thing about having to sleep and work within the same room.

As I was walking home from a meeting at 12 noon, I thought to myself that I can feel this is going to be a good week ahead work wise and many other things. I couldn't feel down because I'm not giving myself the chance to try and enjoy the week that is coming up. I thought back to the episode in Ally McBeal where Ally's shrink, Tracy, tells Ally to find a theme song which she could sing in her head to maker herself feel better. So I chose 'Mika' by Grace Kelly. The lyrics aren't happy and all smiles. But the rhythm and catchy tune is enough to perk me up by miles.




However, quite a few things made me smile over the weekend:
1) I managed to get my research funding to go to Vancouver to research on a violinist who became a recluse and his nephew who now resides in Vancouver has all of this violinists' posessions! Its well exciting. I can't wait for June now!!!! Thanks has to go to my supervisor though for helping me with my research grant proposal :)

2) I got to talk to my mummy for a full 1.5 hours yesterday. It felt good to be able to talk to her again.

3)Work has been good this weekend. Its been a while since I actually looked forward to go to work. Thanks to all my sweet colleagues who make me smile no matter how bad the shift could be. I was just lucky to be able to watch part of St. Petersburg Ballet Theatre's production of The Nutcracker.

Back to work now - I do hope my instincts are right and I will have a good week this week :)

No comments: