I had my first Town Hall shift for 2008 this morning (in fact, i'm still sitting at my desk) and it feels kind of nice to be back. My mum went home last night and I was starting to feel rather lonely, so being at work will help take some of the loneliness away. Even though its freezing cold, today's shift hasn't been bad at all. Its been very quiet and hardly anyone has asked me anything. There's a few people milling around but they are all minding their own business.
While I was working, I received a very nice email from a friend in Singapore and that made me smile lots. Even though the email was mainly whinging about work, it still felt nice to hear from her.
And yesterday, I managed to finally chat with a very good friend who's studying in Imperial College now and already has a job waiting for him when he graduates. *gulps* (I wish that could apply to me!). And I found out that his little sister topped her school for PSLE (Primary School Leaving Examination) *more gulps* and that he himself topped his own school for PSLE back in 1995 *gulp gulp gulp*. But having the opportunity to catch up with him and make sure he's fine in London was nice :) Gambatte Alwyn!!
Also, I managed to fix an appointment to meet with a leading researcher in the field of Performance Practice again in Feb! Yay! Recently, I've been getting rather good vibes about my PhD and BSc. God willing, i'll do well... *even more smiles*
And lastly, I managed to get in contact with a Singaporean lady who's blog I've been following for quite a while and turns out, she stays about 200m from my sister in Egham, Surrey. Finally my sister can meet a Singaporean where she's living now! Hopefully she won't feel too lonely now :)
I'm about to end work in 10 mins so that's even more smiles because I get to go home and have some nice, warm lunch which my mum pre-packed for me before she went home to Singapore. Yay for mommies!
Wednesday, January 09, 2008
Back to work...
Scrawled by
Ruth
at
9:40:00 PM


No comments:
Post a Comment