DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker
Weather

Monday, December 10, 2007

The Room Inspector

For students who live in halls of residence in University, we have a flat inspection every term where Housing Services sends out inspectors to make sure that the flat hasn't been hit by a tornado or our kitchen/bathroom is up to basic living standards. Miraculously, my flat actually passed the inspection this term even though one can hardly breathe in the kitchen due to non-ventilation. The grill was caked with fatty oil and there's no way to eat your dinner like a human in that place.

Unfortunately for Proko, his flat failed the inspection - one wouldn't be surprised given that the stove was no more white. It was brown/black/charred... The sink area was none the better. Good for that flat that everything is now clean though :)

However, today I'll get a personal inspector for one month. My mum arrives in Birmingham today. The past weekend has been a frantic cleaning and making space for another person to live in my room (which can really only contain one person comfortably). Just when I thought that one room is enough to clean for a weekend, R and I had to clean his house out too. We took Friday night, Saturday afternoon, and for him - Sunday morning out to clean and clean. It feels satisfying in the end to know that everything is spic and span and ready for my mum's perusal. But I felt like Bree Van de Kamp from Desperate Housewives these last few days. All I needed was a white apron and a feather duster.

Anyway, God willing - R and I have done our best. I'm all set for the inspector now so I'm looking forward to the next month.


No comments: