1.
Photos like these of my little kids make me smile and realise why I love teaching so much. Yes, sometimes the kids can be frustrating especially when they don't achieve to the best of their potential. But when they flash you million-dollar toothy grins like the one above, it just melts your heart. This boy by the way is Keegan. He isn't my student, but is one of my student's little brother. He comes into the house every week when my student gets collected by her mum and asks me the most innocent and cutest of questions.
2. When someone commends me at work and tells me that I give brilliant customer service and put the customer's needs before mine...
3. I receive brilliant customer service from the staff at House of Fraser. All I wanted was a gift box for my mum's christmas present. The staff gave me a selection of an entire range of House of Fraser's gift box. When I asked for a Radley giftbox (the brand of the item I bought for my mum), they said they ran out and could order some in, and ring me when its ready to be collected from the store *faints* The lady who served me was brilliant - she tended to me the minute I started looking through the shelves and helped me make my decision.
4. Having a member of the Ukulele Orchestra who performed this evening in Town Hall actually hold open the door for me. It wasn't just 'let me open the door' as he stood by the door. I bumped into him just by the entrance to the stage in the backstage area and he saw me carrying alot of bags. He then followed me all the way to the exit of the building to hold open the door for me and said 'now i can pretend to be a bouncer!'. I was quite amazed cos he needn't have walked all that distance just to hold open the door. I congratulated him on a brilliant performance as I left and he smiled and thanked me so sincerely.
5. While waiting for R to pick me up from work, there was a couple waiting by the road for their taxi to collect them. Their taxi arrived first and the couple actually asked if I was going to be ok and whether I wanted them to wait with me until R arrived!
In all, its been a good day and I feel like I've achieved and smiled lots today!
2. When someone commends me at work and tells me that I give brilliant customer service and put the customer's needs before mine...
3. I receive brilliant customer service from the staff at House of Fraser. All I wanted was a gift box for my mum's christmas present. The staff gave me a selection of an entire range of House of Fraser's gift box. When I asked for a Radley giftbox (the brand of the item I bought for my mum), they said they ran out and could order some in, and ring me when its ready to be collected from the store *faints* The lady who served me was brilliant - she tended to me the minute I started looking through the shelves and helped me make my decision.
4. Having a member of the Ukulele Orchestra who performed this evening in Town Hall actually hold open the door for me. It wasn't just 'let me open the door' as he stood by the door. I bumped into him just by the entrance to the stage in the backstage area and he saw me carrying alot of bags. He then followed me all the way to the exit of the building to hold open the door for me and said 'now i can pretend to be a bouncer!'. I was quite amazed cos he needn't have walked all that distance just to hold open the door. I congratulated him on a brilliant performance as I left and he smiled and thanked me so sincerely.
5. While waiting for R to pick me up from work, there was a couple waiting by the road for their taxi to collect them. Their taxi arrived first and the couple actually asked if I was going to be ok and whether I wanted them to wait with me until R arrived!
In all, its been a good day and I feel like I've achieved and smiled lots today!


No comments:
Post a Comment