I was working in the Town Hall yesterday for ArtsFest and was positioned at the main entrance where I could look out towards the Council House and people-watch. I took a moment in my extremely boring task of collecting tickets to look around me. People were laughing, parents were soothing their crying babies and various people involved in ArtsFest were giving out leaflets/balloons. I looked up into the sky as a balloon escaped my colleague's grip on her pink and blue THSH balloons, trying to see where the balloon drifted to. I realised that the world looks so much prettier when I don't have conference papers to think about or presentations to worry about.
So often we are caught up in the daily routine of work and coping with the many tasks life brings us, that we fail to appreciate the little things in life that can make us smile. I for one have as of yesterday appreciate how much Birmingham has changed so much since I first step foot on England soil on 18th September 2002.
So take a moment to have a look around you today as you take that daily train journey to school or work, or that ever-familiar walk from the station to your office or destination. Or even as you are working at your desk - look out of the window and appreciate the blue-ness of the sky. Because all change, no matter how much we long for it, will always leave behind a certain melancholy.
Monday, September 17, 2007
The world around us...
Scrawled by
Ruth
at
4:01:00 PM


No comments:
Post a Comment