DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker
Weather

Monday, August 20, 2007

Lessons from a tiny insect...

There was a mosquito flying around me 5 minutes ago. It was a strange mosquito because when it bit my arm, it just bit me and stayed there as though it hadn't eaten in days. It kept sucking my blood until I thought it was time for it to say farewell to earth. (At least I gave it a good last meal before it met its death)

Sometimes in life, there are 'blood-suckers' around like this particular mozzie. They suck your blood until you can't tahan anymore and then you give them a good whack. At least you were tolerant enough to give them some happiness before their downfall.

Funny how pests can sometimes teach you good lessons in life.


PS:
From the Coxford Singlish Dictionary:
TAHAN (Contributed by J Tai)
Malay term meaning to endure, withstand or tolerate.
1. "Waiter, where is my duck rice? Cannot tahan already, faster leh!"
2. "I think we tahan his nonsense too long oreddy."
See also: Beh Tah Han

No comments: