I live with 5 other guys. This morning, once again, I got up early (even though I slept at 4.30am) to clean up the flat before flat inspections start on Monday. While squatting in the kitchen and literally scrubbing out all the black stuff from the green floor (seriously, the kitchen floor turned from green to black), I couldn't help thinking, 'My God, I would be better off living with 5 Cats!!!' Let me tell you why:
* Cats don't complain.
* Cats can't talk (yes.. I can hear every single word u utter when you talk lovey dovey stuff or fight with your girlfriend)
* Cats don't leave their whiskers all over the sink. (Yup, someone had emptied his electric shaver into the toilet basin and left his bristles in the sink. Yours truly had to clean it up so that she could brush her teeth)
* Cats are affectionate.
* Cats have neat toilet habits! (poo stains, pee stains, SHOE STAINS! - this needs a bit of explanation: We have two toilets. One is white, the other brown. Recently, the white one's toilet seat broke big time. Such that there's no way i can sit on the toilet (as the toilet has so much pee stains from the guys. So i took to using the brown toilet - at least i could still clean the seat with my wet wipes. Then voila.. I wake up one morning, and there's yet again, another shit stain. What do i do? I need the toilet badly and there's only one I can use. Yet I can't put up with using a toilet with a shit stain. Therefore.. I cleaned it up with the toilet brush, and trying not to gag at the same time. I gather that the shoe stain resulted from a point when the brown toilet was in use and someone wanted to do a No. 2 badly and therefore, ended up squatting on the white toilet - therefore, the shoe stain)
* When a cat comes to live with you he is usually weaned from his mother already! (I wonder who cleans up their pee stains when they are at home. SERIOUSLY. woudl they leave pee stains about for their mothers to clean? I can only wonder. If they do , I really pity their moms big time)
* Cats don't fart. This one is a classic - some of the 5 guys in my flat go pee pee w/o closing the door, therefore allowing everyone in the flat to hear every single detail of what they are doing. Yes, and it includes farting!
I can only say that I'm truly fed up of all this. The two things I've left uncleaned this morning is the two toilet bowls. There's no way I'm going to clean up those pee and shoe stains.
This is going to sound super gross - I am a girl. I might leave the odd clutter in the kitchen from my cooking but it always gets cleaned up at most 2 days after but one thing i really don't do is to leave stains in the toilet at all (and you know what kind of stains i'm talking about!)
These few days before coming home from work, I go to the toilets in Symphony Hall and make sure I'm well relieved so that I can refrain as much as possible from using the toilets here. I sometimes wish I can use the showers in the dressing rooms too!
It's come to a point where I don't even dare to call the repair man to fix that toilet seat cos I'm too embarassed too plus it's not going to be very nice to say 'eh, repairman.. I know that my flatmates can't aim their pee properly. But just touch the toilet bowl to fix the cover so that i can pee too.'
Let's see how long the kitchen and toilets will stay clean....
Saturday, May 13, 2006
Why Cats are easier to live with than Guys
Scrawled by
Ruth
at
7:11:00 PM


No comments:
Post a Comment