DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker
Weather

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Irresponsible student...

One thing I really dislike in people is irresponsibility. By this, i refer to a perfect example of a student who has cancelled her lessons with me about 3-4 times in a row, thus messing up my work schedule in SH and upsetting me. As it is, she's 'cheated' me of £80 (which happens to be a lot for a poor student like me). Perhaps i'm too nice to her. My colleagues, Brian and David, suggest that I should start implementing Cancellation Charges. From there, I can tell if a student is really interested or not. That's why, to a certain extent, I prefer teaching young kids. Cos their mums won't really mess around with me. This particular lady who i'm ranting about is 30 years old!!

I must have had a day from hell today. Went into the SH early in the morning and realised that one of the programmes which was due to be sent to the printers last week had yet to be sent off. Spent the entire morning working on that and another programme. And it was raining cats, dogs, monkeys and elephants outside. Crap.

It's May!! And an ideal scene in May should be:


I kept thinking of Sesame Street the whole morning. Poot and Jess have been watching/listening to Sesame Street songs and videos and i've been addicted too. What strikes me is that some of these songs can be so meaningless but yet meaningful. Some of the videos can be silly, yet very touching. And it's the simplicity of it all that awes me. Jim Henson is such a wonder.

Anyway, I guess it's sleepy time. I shall be dreaming of balloons tonight like Ernie...

No comments: