Hey friend,
I'm sorry it's taken me this long to write anything to you. I'm still in deep shock over what you did to yourself and you've left many unanswered questions to those who care about you - JJ, Edmund, Fay, Yen... Do you know that even JK expressed concern about you?
We're still trying to find answers to the many questions we have and the one thing we keep hoping for is that there has been a mix-up of identity.
I last saw you in August and you were still so happy, telling me that you'll be finishing your masters at the end of October. You didn't ask much about me but that's ok cos knowing you were happy back then was good enough.
All I have left of you now is your ikea crockery, a few photos, emails and the happy memories (and bad)we had together in Birmingham. Both the happy and sad times spent with you will always be in my mind because that's how you were - a little eccentric as a musician, but nonetheless a caring friend and flatmate who never failed to make my birthday a memorable one. Your crazy ideas like buying M&S Aloe Vera scented 4-ply loo roll never fails to put a smile onto my face, or even how you would have these cravings for expensive shirts and stuff that made JJ, Edmund and me go 'whoah!'. The time you made so many dumplings for my birthday is very vivid in my mind and how you personally minced up a piece of chicken breast using both our chopping knives to make the dumplings just showed how much you cared as a friend.
I don't know where you are in the world now, but I hope that someday when I'm looking for a star in the sky, you will shine as brightly as possible so that I know you're there. And I believe that you did make the world a brighter place, and the world will continue to be bright through your little star in the sky.
We've all lost a great friend and musician. All of us will miss you loads, and Singapore will never know now what she had in you.
Rest in peace my friend.
And forgive me if I've failed as a friend to you especially in the last two years.
Rest well,
Ruth
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
In memory....
Scrawled by
Ruth
at
3:46:00 PM


No comments:
Post a Comment