DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker
Weather

Friday, April 11, 2008

Being a lay-dee

I'm 24 years old now, 25 in November. I've always been a plain jane and never really bothered with cosmetics or facial cleansers or facial treatments for that matter. Recently, I've found a new facade to myself. Not because I've suddenly turned hiao (vain in Singlish)over night but rather, the sudden climate change from Singapore to England has caused the skin on my face to dry up and become extremely flaky.

I'm in a job where I have to meet people daily. On a good day, I only meet about 50 people. On a bad day like tonight, I might have to meet close to 500 people! Having a horrible flaky face isn't going to be ideal for me and it makes me very conscious. So yesterday, I mustered up my courage to go and see someone in the Clinique counter in Boots to get some advice. The normal Johnson's Baby lotion trick and body moisturiser didn't work on my face. I chose Clinique cos a good friend of mine uses their products and I did some thorough research on the internet based on customer and product reviews too. And this is what I got from Clinique yesterday:






And as a welcome gift, I got a twin pack set of lip gloss and mascara (not that I'll use the latter):






And today, I'm off for a free facial treatment which involves exfoliating, steaming and toning.
Now you can understand why I finally feel like a lay-dee.

It's about time as well - I've been attached for 3 years now to my darling and God knows how he puts up with a 'can't be bothered about her look' girl... but its been a good 3 years.
Happy 3rd Anniversary Roger xxx

No comments: