DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker
Weather

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Malady of the ignorant

Over the past few days, I finally learnt what ignorance and facing a really stuck up person is about.

It is when:

1. Someone isn't bothered to send a one-liner email just to say 'Sorry, we can't help you' or 'Sorry, I can't be bothered to go for your concert.'

2. Someone doesn't email you for a few months. And when you look back through your inbox, realise that the person only emails you when he's facing a problem or perhaps doesn't like his job and needs to moan at someone, which is by the way, making him so busy 24/7 that he ends up being point no. 1. So much for being a big supporter of me. Balls.

3. Small things make a base man proud. The director/CEO/Chairperson/whatever of a well-known piano company in Singapore is totally a stuck up person. I gave the impression that I knew nuts about music on purpose, and pretended that I didn't know what a piano looks like or even touched one in my whole life while he talked to me. And when he said 'No one will buy my brand new pianos if somebody touches it...', I totally rolled my eyes. I felt like reminding him that he is only 1 person out of the billions of people in the world. We breathe the same air, we contribute taxes to the same government, we both require food, air and water for survival. I'm no different from him.

Lesson learnt: Is it ignorance or apathy? Hey, I don't know and I don't care.

No comments: