DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker
Weather

Thursday, February 28, 2008

A morning of unwanted phonecalls

I'm not sure why I've had a flurry of unwanted phonecalls this morning. I'm sat here at my desk trying to cram law cases into my head and both my home phone and mobile phone keeps going off.

Phone Call No. 1

Me: Hello? *doesn't recognise number*
Person: Is that Mark Cornwell?
Me: No.
Person: Oh. Is this 078XXXXXXXXXX?
Me: Yes it is. I think Mr. Cornwell was the previous owner of this number a year ago.
Person: But I have this number under his profile.
Me: I am not Mr. Cornwell.
Person: Is Mr. Cornwell there then?
Me: NO. Mr. Cornwell was the PREVIOUS owner of this mobile number.
Person: So you're not Mr. Cornwell
Me: NO. I AM FEMALE. DO I SOUND LIKE I WOULD HAVE 'MARK' AS MY NAME????????
Person: Oh. It was an accident.
*hangs up*
*Damn call centres in India*

Phone Call No. 2

*Landline rings - thought it was proko...*
Me: Hello
Person: *silent*
Me: HELLO???
Person: Kim? *in a drunkard voice*
Me: I think you've gotten the wrong number.
Person: Kim?
Me: WRONG NUMBER.
Person: Are you sure you're not Kim?
Me: Yes I am very sure. Are you even sure of your name or are you too drunk to remember it?
Person: Can you tell me where to find Kim?
Me: ...
Person: *repeats himself* Can you tell me where to find Kim? I need to tell her I'm sorry...
Me: ...... Maybe she's in Timbuktu.
Person: Ok... *still drunkard voice*
Me: *slams phone down...*

Can't help feeling sorry for him but God....

Phone Call No. 3

*landline rings - i was hoping it would be Proko cos i needed to rant*
Me: Hello
Person: Kim?
Me: *OH GOD...* NO, I'm not Kim. Stop ringing!!
Person: I know its you Kim. Stop pretending. *still drunk*
Me: NO. I can tell you Kim's number.
Person: Yes.. yes..
Me: You ready?
Person: Yes.. Yes..
Me: 0845 769 7555
Person: You're a good person...
*hangs up*

1. He's obviously too drunk to realise that its an 0845 number, which is like Singapore's 1900 numbers. Premium rate number

2. He also doesn't realise that if he dials the number, he'll be ringing up Alcholics Anonymous UK.

Maybe I did help him, maybe I was cruel. But at least that was enough to stop him from ringing back AGAIN. Please let my next phone call of the day be a nice one.

No comments: