DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker
Weather

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

*Deep Breath*

Next week's schedule looks a bit manic.
- my students taking their ABRSM exams - some of whom need extra lessons;
- I'm flying off on Sunday which means my luggage needs packing;
- I also need to go to London on Friday after the students' exams to refer to some material in the British Library;
- I still have work commitments in THSH;
- The students who are not taking exams still their weekly dose of torture with me.

Everytime I peak into next week's schedule on my diary, I start to hyperventilate slightly. And everytime i think about R going back to Singapore with me, and that Ken Hamilton's piano recital which I'm co-organising is looming, I hyperventilate a little bit more.

I was told last year that I do far too much and that I should cut back on what I do.But hey, at least I can graduate from my PhD knowing that I've pushed myself to the upper limit of my stamina and I've led a very fulfilling few years while studying. I've managed to impart wisdom to kids and a few adults, I've organised 2 piano recitals successfully, should hopefully graduate with a law degree at the end of my postgraduate life as well as get a PhD in Musicology, and still managed to be optimistic about life. I can only say that I want to do as much as I can in my youth, without compromising on appreciating life and my friends around me.

Bring on the next 11 days - as the chinese say ' 明天会更好!‘
Always keep your smile...

No comments: