"if you do things well, do them better. be daring, be first, be different, be just."
~Anita Roddick, founder of Bodyshop
I found this quote on my friend's blog and thought it to be very meaningful.
As I walked home from Harborne today after a relaxing morning, I couldn't feel better about myself - I have a decent life, many opportunities in life and I find myself more and more driven in life. I feel optimistic about the year ahead.
To achieve my goal of feeling optimistic everyday towards my work and life, I'm going to record down 3 - 5 things that made me smile during the day. So here goes for 2nd January:
1. I had a very nice and chilled-out breakfast with Gerald and his mum in Cafe Rouge. The atmosphere was great and it was nice to sit down with a good friend and just relax.
2. I found that the Esplanade has already advertised my Ph.D supervisor's piano recital on their website without me nagging or having to chase them up! Check it out!
3. I might have found a suitable gym for R and myself to keep fit and maintain a healthy lifestyle! We're checking it out later this evening and i'm all excited about it.
4. I finally get to have a quiet evening with R just watching Ally McBeal while eating dinner - its been nearly a month since we both had a quiet evening by ourselves.
I found this quote on my friend's blog and thought it to be very meaningful.
As I walked home from Harborne today after a relaxing morning, I couldn't feel better about myself - I have a decent life, many opportunities in life and I find myself more and more driven in life. I feel optimistic about the year ahead.
To achieve my goal of feeling optimistic everyday towards my work and life, I'm going to record down 3 - 5 things that made me smile during the day. So here goes for 2nd January:
1. I had a very nice and chilled-out breakfast with Gerald and his mum in Cafe Rouge. The atmosphere was great and it was nice to sit down with a good friend and just relax.
2. I found that the Esplanade has already advertised my Ph.D supervisor's piano recital on their website without me nagging or having to chase them up! Check it out!
3. I might have found a suitable gym for R and myself to keep fit and maintain a healthy lifestyle! We're checking it out later this evening and i'm all excited about it.
4. I finally get to have a quiet evening with R just watching Ally McBeal while eating dinner - its been nearly a month since we both had a quiet evening by ourselves.
Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day. ~Quoted in P.S. I Love You, compiled by H. Jackson Brown, Jr.


No comments:
Post a Comment