I just found out that one of my beloved CDs which I need so much for my Ph.D research is spoilt. The most essential track on that CD can't play to the end. I can't rip the track, neither can I load it onto WMP. It's got CD cancer :-( I guess I have to order another copy of the CD.
However, I have a few things that made me smile today.
1. I had a very lovely dinner with Anna and Tom. Anna came back from Heidelberg for Christmas and R and I just got to spend some time with them this evening. Tom cooked a lovely dinner complete with dessert! Yummy!
2. I got to spend a bit of time with R during his lunch hour today. I had to go into town to buy loads of music books for my students and had to collect my train tickets for tomorrow's morning journey to Surrey to present my paper. Just as well I could only go into town during lunch time :D
3. I managed to complete my powerpoint presentation despite all the stress. I stayed calm and tried my best to remain positive about the whole thing even when the above-mentioned CD failed me. All I have to do is to pack my luggage neatly now and I'm ready to go and present my paper tomorrow! Bring on the conference :)
4. It's been a cold day but there's been rumours of snow and I think I might wake up to a white morning :) I can't wait!!!
Friday, January 04, 2008
CD Cancer
Scrawled by
Ruth
at
6:25:00 AM


No comments:
Post a Comment