Just worked in Sym Hall for Viva la Diva, which is a production produced by Katherine Jenkins and Darcy Bussell. In case you don't know who these two people are, the former is a very good Welsh soprano who seems to have a great personality; the latter used to be the principal ballet dancer of the Royal Ballet here in the UK and she's a really really good dancer!
Anyway, I was selling programmes and each programme cost £10!!!! (tickets cost £40 - £55 each!) Everyone was glancing at my sign that said 'Programmes - £10' and just looked away shaking their heads.
Then came this middle aged man - he wanted 1 programme. He took out one whole wad of bank notes from his pocket. It could have easily been about £500. So many £20 and £10 notes! While he was trying to get a £10 note out, he accidentally tore a £20 and £10 note. I was quite shocked.
Me: Oh oh, you tearing up your money, sir?? (in a cheeky tone)
Guy: Yeah, it happens sometimes. Its ok. I'm not that bothered. Its just £30.
As he walked away, I was just mortified! £30 to me is a lot of money - i have to teach for an hour to get that, or work two shifts in Symphony Hall!!!
Some people just have TOO MUCH money!!!!! Even if I had that much money, I wouldn't just be so frivolous with my money. It's obscene!
Tuesday, December 18, 2007
Money money money...
Scrawled by
Ruth
at
7:19:00 AM


No comments:
Post a Comment