Today, I had to buy a ticket for the train from the ticket office instead of the ticket machines. So I went up to the ticket office and my ticket cost £1.05. I passed over a £5 note and this was the conversation I had with the sales officer:
Sales Officer (S.O.) [should really be S.O.B..but, i shan't get crude here]: do you have 5pence?
Me: No.
SO: really?
*shows him the coin part of my wallet which only contains 1p*
SO: Oh. I don't have change.
*me sighs*
Me: How much change can you give me?
*SO produces £3.50*
Me: That's 45p short!!!
SO: I told you I don't have change. Didn't you hear that? *shakes head at me like I'm some bimbo*
Me: Do you have 4 £1 coins?
SO: Yes.
Me: Wouldn't it be better if you gave me £4 change and just close one eye to the 5p, instead of cheating me of 45p?
SO: I can't. Then I will be short of money in the till.
Me: WTF?????
SO: You can go back into the university and help me find change.
Me: WTF???? KNNCCCB!!!! *lots of general muttering in chinese dialect basically* <- the beauty of being an International student - nobody understands your Hokkien swearwords.
SO: I can't give you 5p for free. And your train is due in 4 mins.
Me: Yes, you can't give me 5p but I'm expected to give YOUR COMPANY 45p????? I'll take this up with the management of your company. Have a good day.
*STORMS OFF*
Friday, November 23, 2007
One more reason why I hate public transport in the country
Scrawled by
Ruth
at
6:03:00 AM


No comments:
Post a Comment