Today I start being a Host in Town Hall, Birmingham. It's not much different to being a steward except that my shifts are in the day time and I sit at a concierge desk rather than sitting at a door. I hope its good fun.
In 12 weeks, I hopefully will be a bouncer of sorts once I've gotten my license. I've been through 3 days of training to get this license so the SIA had better give it to me. My role then will be to ensure security etc of the Town Hall or Symphony Hall, whichever I'm working in on that day.
I feel like a little chameleon - being able to change my roles flexibly. But then again, I guess this is what my job is about - being flexible and adapting to change.
Let's see what my first day as Host brings...
Thursday, October 18, 2007
Like a Chameleon
Scrawled by
Ruth
at
3:54:00 PM


No comments:
Post a Comment