Today, I realised that some friends can just be selfish. Not just selfish, but extremely selfish. I don't know how to put it. I guess mum is right - most 'friends' will not do things for you without wanting something in return.
Thankfully, i'm really blessed with friends who help me unconditionally and I know I can trust them well enough to confide in them about personal matters and get the sincerest advise from them.
I'm leaving again on a jet plane in two days time. Again, I'm filled with mixed emotions. I have so much waiting for me in Birmingham, yet I leave behind a whole lot of people and little things which make up my 'home'. A 4 year old girl promised me today that for the next 2 months, she will not cry even if she falls down while learning to roller blade. She told me that she's a big girl now so she won't cry and she hooked little fingers with me to make that promise. I look forward to being back and hearing all about school and her growing up process over the next 2 months :) Yes, I'm coming back again in July but the feeling of having to leave is just overwhelming. I guess until Dec 2009 arrives, I'll have to live in this sea of uncertainty and mixed emotions until I can finally make a decision as to where 'Home' will be.
Monday, May 07, 2007
Scrawled by
Ruth
at
10:35:00 PM


No comments:
Post a Comment