A friend who's also doing a Ph.D. (and in his final year) once commented that the longer one spends with his/her Ph.D. supervisor, the more he/she would realise that he/she starts to display traits of the supervisor in an odd way. I'm not sure that is true for me but my room is sprawled with books and scores and can never be kept neat, and my handwriting is becoming decidedly illegible. LOL.
On a separate note, one thing I have realised that perhaps is in no way related to an influence by anybody but myself is my taste and patience for genres and types of music. I sat through a rehearsal of Bach for three hours today and found myself getting more and more fed up with orchestra rehearsals. Perhaps its just my patience wearing thin as I feel myself turning into a grumpy old woman day by day...
After yesterday's seminar (see 2 posts below), I have a feeling that my patience is just wearing thin for music that doesn't interest me a slightest bit. Maybe this is what a Ph.D. does to a musicologist, but i'm not sure its any good at all. I also find myself become very straightforward for my dislike of certain presentations and views on music. Is this something I'm learning from my Ph.D.? To be very selective of my taste and interest? I just hope I don't take this new trait of mine too far.
Thursday, February 22, 2007
Scrawled by
Ruth
at
5:23:00 AM


No comments:
Post a Comment