The weather was chaotic in England today. Gale winds, storms... it was well scary. For me, it was still bearable until I reached the train station at around 5pm. The station was closed due to train delays etc and people were told to wait by the ticket barriers until their train was ready for boarding. It was well scary seeing SOOO many people struggling to get through the barriers. In fact, I likened it to scenes in Nazi war films where people were screened before they could get past a guard, but more chaotic and noisy. Thankfully I got home alright and managed to get ready for Steve's leaving do in a fancy restaurant in the ICC.
The party was great fun and the company was nice. At one point, it got me thinking that if I had to leave Birmingham (and Symphony Hall) in 2009, I would be leaving behind a great deal of fond memories and friends. Its not everyday that you can find friends who make you laugh so much till your sides ache, and at the same time be concerned about you and look out for you to make sure that you're alright. My colleagues in Symphony Hall are wonderful and I wish that wherever I end up, i will have colleagues just as nice and caring as this lot. Its wonderful to see that no doubt as stewards we make a great team, that doesn't stop us from getting to know the bar staff and cleaners better. I have to admit that no doubt I might feel exhausted by work in SH sometimes, the atmosphere and friendliness of the place is just top notch.
I shall go to bed a very happy girl tonight... and wake up to face a brand new day of arts admin stuff, concerts and my 'second home'.. Symphony Hall :)
Friday, January 19, 2007
Scrawled by
Ruth
at
8:15:00 AM


No comments:
Post a Comment