In SATC, there was this episode when Carrie said 'That squirrel is not cute! It's just a rat in a cuter outfit!' There have been lots of squirrels running around these few months and no one can doubt the cuteness of a squirrel. They are rodents, but no one ever tries to kill them (unless they're unfortunate enough to be caught under the wheels of a passing car).
This led me to think that sometimes in life, people who appear 'cute' or 'normal' might all just be a facade. Perhaps they too don 'cuter outfits'. In recent weeks, I've realised that in life, one can only depend on oneself and not on anyone else.. especially not these 'cuter outfit' people. Then again, we often have to act nonchalant and appear normal to these 'cuter outfit' people in order to guard our backs. So does that make us a 'squirrel' too? Maybe it's just a vicious cycle.
I think for now I've just got to be a squirrel - shy, scared and obliging....
Somehow i think this post won't make sense to people...
Sunday, January 14, 2007
Scrawled by
Ruth
at
9:54:00 PM


No comments:
Post a Comment