DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker
Weather

Monday, December 04, 2006

So I was sitting through a long Phil Orch rehearsal today, contemplating what R said before the rehearsal: 'If it's a crap rehearsal, we'll go to Macadees..., if it's good, we'll go somewhere else.' (he was referring to lunch) and was getting slightly annoyed at the fact that the conductor was asking us to save our energy during the rehearsal and at the same time asking for very intense articulation and more ffffff and heavens knows what... when all of a sudden there was a loud snap and looking down at my violin (AKA 'the professor' - yes, it has a name written inside its body), I realised that my bridge had snapped into half. It was quite a shock, but then it turned out to be very amusing. I had no idea how I did it, but then again, I always think that my violin has good and bad days. Some days it plays well and has a very clean tone; on other days it just has a mind of its own.

'Sorry to hear about your violin bridge- treat it as a good sign- it must be something to do with the intensity of your playing!' - Ken's reply when I emailed him about the legendary incident. LOL. He's such a joker sometimes...

Anyway, I think the Professor will be off to a maker over the holidays to get itself a new bridge...

Gotta go cramp German vocab into my brain and complete that very silly conference paper for Ken by Tuesday!!! The life of a PhD student... =.="

No comments: