Met up with S, a 22 yo singaporean studying piano in Birmingham. Nope, it's not Birm Uni but BIrmingham Conservatoire! We initially met through the Overseas Singaporean Portal and decided that we should meet up for drinks after like 3-4 months? LOL...I guess this is really what the Gah-men wanted to achieve out of this portal - for Singaporeans to meet up with each other, and gel as one in a foreign land. Freaky.
Anyway, I'm quite glad to have met up with a Singaporean who's not in Birm Uni. Most of the singaporeans i've met so far in my 5 years here are students studying either Music or Chem Eng in birm uni. The Chem Engineers seem like a really happy bunch and they work really damn hard! The music students on the other hand have too much politics going on between them that it gets ridiculous at some points. One can say 'just ignore it!' but when it just gets too much, you just can't NOT get involved cos in some indirect way, you will just be pulled into it! One might say that I'm exaggerating but until one steps into the world of Singaporean musicians, one can never underestimate how strage we lot can be. I've witnessed 5 different years of music students here and there's just SOO much rubbish that goes on!
Anyway, my point is i'm glad to have met S (who by the way is also a catholic - singaporean catholics in birmingham seem to be a rare commodity!)
******************************************************************************
There's someone who seems to be quite cold towards me for no reason. Let's call her H. I've no idea what i might have said wrong or done wrong towards her, but I keep getting bad vibes from her. I'm trying to be nonchalant about the whole thing but somehow it bugs me that I could have offended someone when I've hardly spoken to her in my life. (rephrase: i've never really been given the chance to get to know her better!) Sometimes, trying to be nice is so difficult.. I can't do all this 'artificial friendliness' that P talks about.. But ah well. I still have lots of other friends...
After a weekend of teaching and running around (and eating a really weird green paste with nachos which makes me feel that i've put on several KG), i'm going swimming. Hell man, I hope that I can learn how to swim properly and not just dog paddle... :D:D:D
Sunday, October 29, 2006
Scrawled by
Ruth
at
11:37:00 PM


No comments:
Post a Comment